Tuesday 21 October 2014

Passing and being crafty ||

Today is a good day becaaauuseeee, I passed my car theory test! Which is such a relief as I can start preparing for my practical test and hopefully pass quite soon and be able to drive my little car without having to have a 'over 21' with me, yaaaayy!

After getting home and cleaning out my fish tanks (exciting..) I got into a crafty mood and really wanted to change around my bedroom and do some new things..so I did, and thought I'd share them with anybody who would like to see:)

I bought a mirror (for a bargain £5!!) It is second hand but I don't really have a problem with 'pre-owned items' as some others may do, (apart from certain clothing items obviously..). It matches the rest of the furniture in my bedroom and I just love it, because it's a bit different but so simple at the same time!



But before I start I thought I'd just show what I'm wearing this evening as it's extremely wintery and snug! 



The jumper is one my sister gave me (from Store 21 I think.. but I have no idea of the price). It's a lovely christmassy reddy/brown colour and hangs slightly off the shoulders depending on how you're stood. I wear a vest top underneath as It would be a bit chilly without one! The leggins were bought from boohoo.com last year (not sure of the price either:() I love them so much and literally love wearing them at christmas as they festive but not over-festive and I can get away with wearing them any time of the year:)


My hair today was kind of straightened (it was quickly done this morning at an early start of 8am as my test was at 10am but not fully as I don't really think dead-straight hair really suits me as I have quite a large face:( which I hate), and tied half up just to keep it off my face. I actually tied it half up once I got home to keep it out of my face when putting the things up in my bedroom:)
Also the weather was all rainy today which makes my hair go crazy frizzy, especially the top part so this hair style kind of restricts that from happening.


This is half of my bedroom. I made some changes by taking down a heart shaped photo holder thing I've had up for years as I was just getting bored of it and I thought it looked a bit scruffy as I had soo many photos on it! To make a bit of a change I walked up to the local shop (in the rain!) to get some string - but ended up with white shoelaces as they didn't sell balls of string - and just simply pinned it from one end of my wall to the other, draping it off picture hooks that were already in the wall. I didn't want the string to be draped in a pattern, I preferred it to be more randomish if you get iiittt?




The pegs I used were old ones my Mum stopped using (probably after plastic ones were invented hahahaahaaaa...) some were wet from being outside so I just dried them with my hair dryer on the highest heat for a couple of minutes. The whole thing I am really pleased with and it just adds a bit of character to my bedroom and it was so simple and cheap to do! The best thing is that it can be taken down easily (as I get very bored with the decor in my bedroom very quickly..) and the pictures can be changed just by unpegging them and updating the photo! 
I would recommend this sort of decoration for anybody looking for something different and with a creative mind! It may look good draped around a mirror or a wardrobe? 
The possibilities are endless!;)

P.S I appologise for the major embarressing baby photo of me above!

Thanks for reading!

Molly
xox

Where to find me - 

Instagram - @photosbymolly_

Personal Instagram - @mmollaayy

Twitter - @molly_0301


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12942765/?claim=rrpy2k2dkkz">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


No comments:

Post a Comment