Wednesday 15 October 2014

Cake in a mug ||

I found the most PERFECT thing to eat on a cold wintery day when it's raining and cold outside and all you want to do is drink hot chocolate and read social media....

Cake in a muuuuuggg!




I've heard about them and apperently theres a recipe for one in Alfie Deye's 'The Pointless Book' and I reaaallly wanted to try one!
I used this recipe...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-1254878/How-make-cake-cup.html 

Following the recipe above I actually doubled all of the ingredients because I was making two :)



Firstly you have to mix self-raising flour, sugar and chocolate powder together, (I used hot chocolate powder). I decided to mix in a bowl and then pour the ingredients into the mugs once it was all finished just to make it a bit easier, as some people have said that mugs are too small to properly mix the ingredients together causing it not to rise properly:(



The mixture will start to become much more runny and cake-like once you have added the eggs, milk and oil. As you had the eggs first the mixture does do very hard and into a bowl but the milk and oil make it the correct texture :)
(Make sure there are lots of air bubbles when mixing!)



I then poured the mixture evenly into two mugs. It doesn't really look like there is enough in each and I didn't really think it would work, but they will rise even if only half the mug has mixture in it - if you use self-raising flour! (Which isent stated on the website..)




They then go into the microwave together for four minutes on high. The recipe I followed said to use a 1,000 w microwave but ours is only 700 w so I put them on 'high' for four minutes and then added an extra two minutes afterwards just to make sure they were cooked:) You can use a little metal skewer to poke into the middle of them to make sure they are cooked, (the skewer will come out clean if they are cooked without any cake stuck to it).


Watch a bit of Youtube for six minutes....;)



And the end product looked like this!
This one rose a lot better than the other, mainly because it's a slightly shorter mug than the other one so it's easier to see..
I would advise to definitely use larger mugs when making these as a normal sized mug/cup would just make a huge mess, which means less cake to eat!

I would totally recommend making one as they are lovely to eat warm or cold (but are very hot straight from the microwave!) and literally take about 10 minutes to make and cook! I had one for lunch and it was the only thing I needed to fill me up:)
Very christmassy and warm and just loveeely and different!
Have you made one before? Comment below with the flavours you have made as I'd love to make some different ones, maybe blueberry ones?

Thanks for reading!

Molly
xox

Where to find me - 

Instagram - @photosbymolly_

Personal Instagram - @mmollaayy

Twitter - @molly_0301

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12942765/?claim=rrpy2k2dkkz">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment