Thursday 2 October 2014

Curls and burnt fingers ||

Hellooooooo!

I woke up this morning with the biggest and frizziest hair eveerrrr. It got worse when I brushed it so ended up spending all morning with it all tied back in a bun (I hate my hair tied up :(). After lunch I started to try and style/tame it and thought I'd blog the 'before and afters' for anybody else with frizzy hair like me, this could be a possible solution for you to! I have also included the products I used which I will list at the bottom with prices and where I bought them:)



This is my hair before any proper styling and after I had brushed it, sprayed some Argan Oil got2b taming spray on it and had it tied up in a messy bun for a couple of hours. It was actually frizzier than it looks in this photo, believe me! You can also see my Andrew Barton curling wand which I have recently started to use to style my hair, as it makes a difference to having it straight all the time but takes about the same time to do as straightening. 
I don't know why I decided to pull a fish face -_-

As my hair is very thick I start by tying the top bits up on the top of my head into either a pony tail or a bun. I usually do from just above my ears and upwards for the first section to tie back. This makes it a lot easier to curl the underneath of my hair and it also stops you from missing any bits and ending up with random straight pieces.




It's always important to protect your hair from the heat being used when styling especially with curling wands and straightners. I used Tresemme heat protector which I spray evenly over my all of my hair before starting, (protects up to 230 degrees).



This is the underneath of my hair half styled and half natural, just so you can see the difference! Once all of the underneath was curled I sprayed the whole lot with hairspray and do this throughout the styling with the different layers I style. This just helps to keep the all of it together and ensure each bit stays in place during the day. I normally end up doing my hair in 3-4 different sections.



I used Joey Essex hairspray to hold it all in place. 
This is actually the first time I've ever bought/used a Joey Essex product but It was the cheapest-quality one in the shop and also doesnt make your hair feel crunchy or sticky in any way - it actually works quite well! I can't really tell its in my hair, and I have to use a lot to hold my hair in place. :)



The finished product looked like this :)
It didn't take too long to achieve, roughly an hour maybe a bit longer but I was stopping and starting and getting distracted by the T.V, and I was watching Youtube at the same time! If I was doing this before work etc it would probably take about 20-30 minutes, (like yesterday I styled quickly before my driving lesson, to then remember my instructors on holiday...)

P.S. Be careful because I burnt my fingers a lot on the wand :( They do come with a protective glove..but I lost it. 

Molly
xox

Products used - 
got2b Weightless Dry Oil Mist with Argan Oil - Superdrug on sale at £2.66
o Andrew Barton curling wand - Argos on sale at £17.99
o Tresemme heat protection spray - Superdrug £4.99
o Joey Essex hairspray - Tesco £2.66


Where to find me - 

Instagram - @photosbymolly_

Personal Instagram - @mmollaayy

Twitter - @molly_0301

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12942765/?claim=rrpy2k2dkkz">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a> 

6 comments:

  1. You've got really pretty hair and those curls look great on you! :)
    Keep in touch xx

    It would mean a lot to me if you visited my blog <3

    Berry The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hair!

    New post on my blog it'll mean the world to me if you check it out! Maybe follow each other on bloglovin? Let me know :)
    http://itsmathilda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate having my hair up also!! And the TRESemme products are amazing!! x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to wear it up for work :( which sucks. Yeah they are! And they also smell amazzziiing:) xox

      Delete