Wednesday 20 July 2016

New Product Reviews


I loooooove a good product review post.
Especially honest ones which I always definitely try and do as theres no point in telling everyone that every product you've ever tried is the best thing ever - because that definitely is not true (although like would be great if it was).

I have a bit of a variety of products to review in this post and although there isnt many of them I feel like they are all general day to day cosmetics that most people would use, so I'm hoping some of you may find this a bit helpful.
If you would like to know where to buy any of these products just give the pictures a little click :)

Firstly is this little gem I found in my local Boots store on the Maybelline stand.


I had been on the search for a new concealer for a while and couldn't find one suiting and to be honest after getting a bit bored of looking I saw this, picked it up in my shade (Vanilla),
bought it and hoped for the best.
The first time I used it I was a bit skeptical because it doesn't look hat big and to be quite honest resembles a lip stick more than a concealer...
But I gave it ago anyway was so pleasantly surprised.
I love this product!
It covers up my blemishes and spots in any area of my face and blends out so well.
It doesn't feel heavy or thick at all and once its been blended, you can't really tell you've got it on (apart from the fact your face is blemish and spot free!) 
It also matches my skin tone so well and although it was hard to find one in the shop that didn't have finger prints all over the top (unfortunately there wasent any testers) don't let that put you off nor the size of it as it does last a good while - probably the same sort of length as a liquid concealer.
I just love this.

Next is a little lipstick purchase...



Now I always use the same nude lipstick by Kate Moss so decided to try something a little different whilst online shopping on the Superdrug website. 
Once it arrived I was straight away impressed with the packaging, its small, compact and cute but once opened - the colour is horrendous (for me anyway).
It looks nothing like the shade pictured online and it comes out like an orangey colour and makes it look like you have foundation all over your lips rather than lipstick.
The coverage is also awful and a lot is needed to make it cover properly.
All in all I won't be wearing it but I guess for the price you kind of get what you pay for.

Skin care next!


If you've been reading my blog for a while you'll already know that I love Simple products and use them pretty much everyday in some shape or form so when I was online looking for a new face mask I knew straight away this would be the one for me.
Firstly I love that it comes in a little bottle as I find packs of face masks are very messy to use and a complete nightmare, its's also small, affordable and easy to store.
I've only used this once so far and completely loved it. You need quite a lot to cover your face but not a massive amount as it doesn't need to be thick and it only needs to be left on for 5 minutes so its great if you need a little bit of skin care before going out!
My skin felt soft and hydrated after using this face mask too, and this carried on until the next morning.
Definitely give this a try!

Now I couldn't use my own photos of this product simply because it's very well loved and used that no matter how much I tried to take a nice photo of it it just looked gross (even though it's washed A LOT).


It's the B Beauty Blending Sponge.
When it comes to applying makeup I was always using Real Technique brushes all the time until I came across one of these and decided to give it a try.
It's amazing!
The pointed end is perfect for blending in concealer around your nose and under your eyes and the rounded side blends foundation like a dream without any brush marks or patchy parts. Plus it makes foundation look so natural!
The only down side is that they need to be washed in shampoo quite often and even then they do stain after a while and sometimes start to get holes in but they aren't too pricey to buy another and they are totally worth it.
Get yourself one of these!
(Helpful tip: When applying foundation with one of these it's much better to dab rather than wipe as it helps to apply it evenly and without any sponge marks.)

What new products have you been trying recently?


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


Where else to find me - 

Twitter - @daffodilsdaisys


Instagram - @riddikulus___




No comments:

Post a Comment