Saturday 9 July 2016

Day In The Life #2 - Glastonbury Day Out


If any of you live in the UK like me then you most likely would have heard of Glastonbury Festival - it's one of the biggest music festivals in the world so you may have possibly even heard of it wherever you live in the world!
Anyways the festival personally is my idea of a nightmare so we (we being myself and my boyfriend) decided to give the town a little visit once all the festivities had finished, and lets just say - we loved it and all its weirdness.

And by weirdness I really do mean WEIRDness.
It's a very quirky little town full of all things magic, spiritual and natural - literally like something out of a story book, with narrow little streets packed to the brim with all these cute little shops selling items I thought never even existed.



Yes a shop actually sold an Ouija Board - scary scary scary thing I'd never touch if someone paid me! (I literally took the photo and walked straight away haha).


Some of the art work in these shops were absolutely amazing (even if I had no idea what half of it meant).




If I had a £1 for every dragon or Buddha statue I saw that day I would be one very rich girl right now. I even ended up buying a 'Laughing Buddha' for my bedroom as they are the sweetest little things and supposed to bring happiness to your home - cuuuuuute. 




I found this so strange but so cool - a bookshop that sold nothing but magic books! Being the Harry Potter fan that I am I kind of felt like I'd taken flu powder, stepped into a fire place and shouted the words 'Diagon Alley.' I was tempted to buy one but felt like they all looked to good sat together on the shelf - I couldn't bear to part them.


These little jars were kind of freaky filled with lots of different 'ingredients' for potions etc - including Basilik Fangs and Werewolf Fur...



There was so such cute little pieces of graffiti around the town - this bit being my favourite. 
In fact I lost count of the amount of times I claimed something was 'so cute!' whilst being in Glastonbury for the day as everything was literally the cutest thing and I just loved everything about it - especially the fact that it's far from your average town you can find in any old place. This town is most definitely unique and worth a visit. It's not a full day out unless of course you decide to walk up the Glastonbury Tor, which we initially wanted to but decided against as the weather was so flippin' humid I probably would have melted half way up and never been seen again.

I would definitely recommend visiting here if you are ever nearby and wanting a nice little day trip, (plus they have an amazing bakery which sell THE BEST chocolate muffins so its worth it just for that hahaa) but be prepared to be mobbed by members of Green Peace who we found wondering the streets (easily avoided by quickly slipping into a nearby shop until the coast is clear - and there are plenty of shops to do so!)

I hope you enjoyed this little bit of a different styled post to my usual - I love documenting little days like this for others to read and also for myself to look back on in a few years :)

P.S My posts will be back to normal with the next one where I have a few first impressions and reviews on some new beauty items so keep your eyes peeled for that! 

Where have you visited recently?

Molly
xox

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


Where else to find me - 

Twitter - @daffodilsdaisys


Instagram - @riddikulus___







No comments:

Post a Comment