Saturday 2 July 2016

Realistic Quick&Easy Evening Skin Care Routine


Prepare yourself for a little blast from the past!

Everyone loves a good old routine post though right?
(Yes, yes they so do).

I'm going to take a little leaf out of Gabriella Lindley's book and make this routine realistic, as lets be honest nobody does a two hour long spa treatment on their entire face every night (if you do then I salute you for taking one for the team).

I used to be very lazy when it came to skincare, especially in the evening as in my opinion - evenings are for chilling out after work - binge eating and watching OITNB, not hauled up in the bathroom with your face over a bowl of steam.
More recently I've become a lot more aware of the benefits of regular skincare and have seen the changes in my skin and how much better my skin feels after just a few weeks of applying a few products.
My routine is honestly the quickest thing with four easy steps, but is so so effective and something I've actually become to enjoy and I now do it every night and it feels odd if I don't do it, like my skin doesn't feel clean enough to go to bed with - is that weird?

- Be sure to click on the photo of the products to take you to a place to buy them -

I start off with what most girls may raise their eyebrows and roll their eyes at...


Makeup wipes!!
Now don't give me that 'that's the lazy way and so bad for your skin' look because I know I know and I hear it all the time but for me makeup wipes are always the start of my process of taking off my makeup. They don't get into every nook and cranny but they do get off the worst of it.
I pacifically only use Simple wipes just because over many years of using cheap own brand ones I noticed the difference straight away when using the slightly more pricey Simple ones. They genuinely make my skin feel softer and seem to take off more makeup per wipe than cheaper ones, so I only end up using one each time rather than a couple.
(They also take off water proof mascara perfectly, and don't sting your eyes - wooo!)
Just like all Simple products they are all natural ingredients without any harsh chemicals which I also love and they hydrate your face so well.
I just love them - and they are nearly always on sale so that's even better. for you and your bank balance!


Once most of my makeup is off from the wipes, I use a small round cotton pad and Garnier Miscellar water to refresh my face and get off any makeup which may have been missed.


This is my favourite part for sure.
I loooove the feel that this product gives my skin during and after use, and how soothing it feels to apply.
Miscellar water can be used to take off makeup on its own but I prefer it as more of a hydrater than a makeup remover, (hence using the wipes beforehand).
No rinsing is required after using either which is SUCH a bonus, as I don't know about you but I hate having to splash water on my face before bed - it makes my hair all wet (no matter how hard I try to keep it out the way) and then I feel too awake to go to bed straight after. It's just too much faffing around for me, so this water is so handy to have. 
It's also not too on the pricey side and the 400ml bottle is huge and lasts for ages!
Plus a little goes a long way, so I only cover the middle of a cotton wool pad and that's enough to wipe all over my face, including my eyes (this also doesn't sting).
Micellar water is also perfect for sensitive skin :)

After all my makeup is completely off and my face is feeling hydrated and smooth it's then time for some night cream.

This is the second night cream I have used since starting an evening skincare routine, the first being the Ren night cream which is much more pricey.
In my opinion the Nivea cream works just as well as the more high end Ren cream and still gives my face a nice feel after use.
The consistency of this cream is quite thick but I feel like most night creams are as they aren't designed for makeup or any other cosmetic product to be put over the top once applied.
Although the pot is small (which makes it extremely easy to store) it lasts a long time and not much is needed to cover your entire face, and I find it works especially well in dry or blemishes areas where you may have spots. And my most favourite thing is that it doesn't feel sticky or uncomfortable once applied. It soaks in really quick and a few minutes after you don't even remember you're wearing it :)

I do find the next morning after using this night cream I do have to use a damp flannel just to wipe all around my face to get off any cream that hadn't soaked in completely over night but I think this is the case with most night creams, just due to them being so thick.

My last step is just to add a little bit of lip balm


My favourite choice being the Nivea Essential Care stick.
It hasn't really got a scent or colour to it (not that's really important when you're just about to go to bed) but it does have an immediate softening effect and I can quite easily say this stuff makes a difference being worn every night, and my lips genuinely feel much healthier in the mornings when this balm has been applied the night before. 
I love this! And it's such an easy and simple way of having more hydrated lips during the summer.

Do you have any quick and easy evening skin care products you love?
Let me know!

Molly
xox

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


Where else to find me - 

Twitter - @daffodilsdaisys

Instagram - @riddikulus___






  











2 comments:

  1. I love routine posts! I'm kinda nosey and I like to know what others do to get ready. Yours was lovely!

    x. Cattleya

    alittlecattleya.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! :) and yes I definitely agree, I love being nosey and seeing what other products people use!
      xx

      Delete