Thursday 3 March 2016

Mini Boots, Superdrug & Primark Haul


I had a couple of days off work this week (naturally) decided to spend one of them having a bit of alone time shopping in my favourite town.

Primark was top of my list mainly because I watched VelvetGh0st's haul on YouTube and saw so many things I loved and also just because who doesn't love Primark?!
Surprisingly though I didn't actually buy as much as I was expecting - I find it one of those shops where you either go in and love everything and spend far too much money or you can't find anything at all that you like - and today (luckily for my bank account) there wasn't much that tickled my fancy but I still managed to find a couple of pieces I had to buy...


How CUTE is this pajama set?
All my current pajamas are a mix-matched pile of clothes that are old T-shirts I don't wear out anymore or Christmas sets that still need to be worn because it's still freezing at night and they are so fluffy... (we all do it - admit it).
So I am determined to make my pajama draw a bit more on the cute and matching side.
This set was the only pattern I liked on this particular shopping day and although at first I thought they looked a little bit like a picnic blanket, I actually love them so much - cute!
This set was £8.


If you don't own a pair of Primark Super Cosy tights then you are missing out on the comfiest things ever.
I'm pretty sure I pick up a new pair of these every time I go shopping and at £3 you can't really go wrong. 
They are lined with fleece inside and go lovely with flat shoes and a skirt with a shirt tucked in - even in Winter.


These boots are my most favourite purchase of the day - and they actually had them in my size!! (I'm a size 7 or 8 in UK sizes and its almost impossible to find nice shoes in a size that big).
I live in boots but all the ones I own are pretty much the same style and colour so I wanted something a bit different.
I found these on the shelf with only a couple left so I was lucky to find a pair!
They are swede and just come up to your ankle so they look perfect with a pair of frilly socks pocking out the top just to add a little bit of girly to your look, and also helps to cover up that horrible bunched up bit at the bottom of skinny jeans that scrunches up over ankle boots.
I kind of think they give a vintage look to an outfit especially with the laces done up in a bow. (a bit neater than in the photo though!)

Moving onto drugstores...


I went into both Boots and Superdrug and found these on offer for something silly like £1.90 a bottle (reduced from £3.99 each) and they were instantly put into my basket.
I've recently stopped using Tresemme shampoo and moved onto Garnier Ultimate Blends just because of all the amazing reviews I've heard about them. I started with their duo of shampoo and conditioner for sensitive scalps which smells so fresh and clean but decided to pick these two up instead as they help to recover split ends, which I've recently been suffering with. I'm loving Ultimate Blends at the moment and theres one for every hair type possible and the shelves in this section of the shop are almost nearly always empty because they are so popular, if you're looking for new shampoo/conditioner definitely give this a go!


Sticking with hair I found this little bottle of heat protector spray next to the shampoo above.
It's the same scent and ingredients as my previously used sensitive scalp shampoo 'delicate oats' and is designed to be sprayed onto wet hair before blow drying to help protect your hair from heat damage. I'm currently using a Tresemme product for heat protection but the bottle has almost ran out and I much prefer the smell and ingredients of this Ultimate Blends one. It's all natural and smells delicious! (And is also a lot easier to store as it's much bless bulky than Tresemme and sits snug with all my other bottles of products).


I recently watched one of Eve Bennett's YouTube videos were she mentioned this Garnier Micellar Cleansing water for removing makeup. 
Not being very broadly minded in the way of skin care I always thought the best way of removing makeup was by using wipes and that's what I have always done, so I picked up one of these in Boots and the Cotton Pads in Superdrug to give it a try.
I have only used this once so far last night to remove my makeup and I'm highly impressed!
I tweeted about it first asking is anybody else uses it and how well it works and a lot of people got back to me saying how much better is removes makeup than wipes and now after using it I totally agree.
A little of this goes a long way - depending on how much makeup you're wearing - so the bottle should hopefully last a long time, it states on the back it should last up to 200 uses!  (on offer at £3.99 but usually £5 a bottle), and I have enough cotton pads to last me a life time! Once I'd removed my makeup I used a Simple makeup wipe over my face expecting to find mascara or foundation that the Micellar Water had missed but there was nothing!
Once my makeup was off my skin felt so soft and refreshed and still felt this way the next morning and I don't know about anybody else but waking up with a fresh feeling face is one of the best feelings.


It is completely fragrance free and includes ingredients that soothes and refreshes the skin and can be used on any skin type - including sensitive so if you suffer from any type of skin problem such as eczema or dry skin this can be used to remove makeup without irritating your face afterwards. 

That's it for this haul!
I surprised myself at hardly buying anything this shopping trip, but I got some pretty boots so what else do I really need? ;)

I have a few upcoming posts coming soon including reviews on some new products (some of the above will also be featured) so keep your eye out for those!

Molly 
xox

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


Where else to find me - 

Twitter - @mloggee

Personal Instagram - @riddikulus___












  





2 comments: