Tuesday 8 March 2016

Makeup & Skincare Storage


Today is a 'milestone' day I hit 1000 followers on Twitter!
woohoo!
Thank-you to everyone who has followed and read my blog the past couple of years, I appreciate every one of you.

Back to the point...
Makeup storage is something that should be so simple, but it took me forever to find suitable homes for all my cosmetics.
I'm one of these people who like to have everything in its place so, skin care in one area, hair products in another, everyday makeup in an easy to reach place etc etc.
Over the past year my makeup collection has grown rapidly meaning my old storage methods was not enough. 
I did a little search on Amazon and eBay for some draws or something but couldn't find anything that was really what I wanted and suited the decor in my bedroom.
Finally! Hurrah hurrah! Sound the bells and throw your hats in the air for joy - I have managed to get together a collection of makeup all nicely packed away in an organised and aesthetically pleasing manner - enjoy.




My brushes are kept in this little white 'lace-effect' pot from Ikea. They are supposed to be used for flower pots but work perfectly for makeup brushes, and I also own matching ones in pale green for keeping my hair brushes and deodorants in. 


I use this cute little bowl (previously featured in my Bedroom Tour - Autumn Edition post) to keep my everyday makeup in. 
(Please excuse the state of the sponges - they have been cleaned! If you own on of these you will know just how hard they are to keep looking nice!).




How CUTE is this little brief case?! I came across this in a home-ware shop in town and instantly had the idea to have it on my desk opened up to keep my bottled products in. I find bottles are so hard to keep looking neat and tidy and never fit altogether in a pot properly, but like this they look so cute! I also love how the briefcase has a rustic and rough look to it as I have other shabby chic decor pieces around my bedroom so it fits in nicely. 
I also placed the little mug inside just to keep the smaller items such as mascara and eye shadow pens together.


These little drawers were originally my only makeup storage before I started collecting and using more. I love how shabby chic they look...and yes the middle knob has fallen off but I love them too much to get rid of them for new ones!


In the top drawer I keep all my small creams, face masks, wax strips etc. Most of these are sample ones I've kept from magazines.


The second draw is homed to two eye shadow palettes and my contour kit.


The third and final draw has all my smaller eye shadow palettes in and also a couple of tiny travel Real Technique brushes which I find useful for applying eye shadows or tidying up foundation/concealer.

All of this is placed on my desk under my mirror so I can reach it easily when doing my makeup.
I am so pleased with how it looks!
If you have spotted anything in these photos that you would like me to review or tell you where to buy - let me know :)

Molly
xox



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


Where else to find me - 

Twitter - @mloggee

Personal Instagram - @riddikulus___













2 comments:

  1. I love the cute pink polka dot briefcase! I love the drawer storage too, the rustic style of everything is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I love rustic and shabby chic decor, so it all fits in nicely with my bedroom :) xox

      Delete