Tuesday 6 October 2015

September Favourites

WHERE IS THE YEAR GOING?! 
I genuinely feel like somebody threw me in a time machine at the beginning of May and transferred me five months into the future.
But I am in no way complaining..September and October mark the beginning of Autumn and Winter, or as I like to call 'the best time of the year.'

I can't believe its Favourites time again already, and I feel especially guilty when I look back on my posts and realise that I only managed to fit in one post between my last Favourites and this one, but that's just how it is. BUT! even though time flown by I have managed to use new products and have lots of things to share with you!


Firstly, I was forced to buy a new foundation after going to numerous shops and not being able to find my foundation shade anywhere, I think this was a sign from the makeup heavens above as this new one I have found is absolutely the best.


 I was first attracted to this foundation simple because of the packaging It's so pretty, and the sort of thing that looks lovely and attractive just sat on your dressing table.
After spending ages working out which shade matched my skin I eventually went with Ivory 
(I was Classic Ivory in my old foundation Rimmel Match Perfection) and it matches my skin so perfectly, and gives a lovely even coverage, which can easily be built up if required to cover spots and blemishes etc. It also feels very light on your skin and its the sort of makeup that you forget you're wearing, which I think is the best kind. 
The only con I can find for this product is the pump is very stiff, so when you push it down you sometime have to be pull it back up yourself, but as this is a new product out I am assuming its something they will improve over time.

Secondly is the MUA Heaven & Earth eyeshadow palette. 



I love this palette! Its completely affordable and the colours are so natural and lovely, and perfect for this time of the year. At first I was sticking to the same shade everyday but I have recently starting using new combinations and love every single one. This palette doesn't come with any helpful colour combinations or suggestions like I know some do but its quite nice to be able to try out your own and find new autumnal looks. (P.S I am considering a blogpost on a few autumn makeup looks some time this month, if anybody would like to see, and this palette will definitely be featured!)

Myself and my boyfriend recently had a weekend away in my favourite place Bath, and we stayed in a hotel overnight. Once I had looked around the room we were staying in I made a bee-line for the bathroom to find the free-samples and wasn't disappointed!


Its a teenie tiny bottle of Aqueous moisturiser cream, which smells amazing and makes your skin super soft. I used it on my face after taking off my makeup and use my Simple face wash. Only a tiny amount is needed as it goes a long way. I still have this little bottle and am using it every now and then after cleansing my face. I need to find out where to buy this because its going to run out so soon :(

You may or may not already know that I have A LOT of hair. Now, I have been trying to grow my hair for a long long time as I had it all cut very short (as in above my shoulders short) and never really liked it, so have spent a few years growing it out. It's now (FINALLY) at a length that I am happy with, but as it is so ober thick (my Dad used to have an afro so I have definitely inherited the thickness of his hair!) it takes a lot to look after it, and can get dry very easily. I have recently changed my shampoo from Tresemme Deep Cleansing to Tresemme Salon Silk as the deep cleansing one is for monthly use not regular washing and was starting to make my hair very heavy and lifeless. This new shampoo is an absolute life saver though and my hair is soft, silky and healthy from root to ends, and my hair is very prone to getting dry ends but since switching shampoos it has completely changed my hair! ITS SO SOFT.

In partner to this shampoo I also came across the Tresemme Salon Silk Smoothing Serum which I apply a small amount onto damp hair - concentrating mainly on my ends - before blow-drying or leaving naturally to dry. This works with the matching shampoo and helps to give your hair a bit of life and shine. The bottle is very small, yet only a small amount is needed and its very easy to store away.


One con to this product is that it feels quite greasy on your hands (but you cannot feel this in your hair) so I always wash my hands after applying it.

Real Techniques will be the death of my bank account I am sure of it, but their brushes are just too pretty and amazing.
I purchased this little shading brush after buying a few different eye shadow palettes, 



and its perfect for blending your eye shadow into the crease of your eye lid and creating shape. The actual brush is really soft which is exactly what you need around your eyes to comfortably apply makeup. And as well as that..its just such a pretty colour and looks so good in my pot of brushes hehe.

Now finally something completely un-beauty, makeup or cosmetic related.
I am completely and utterly obsessed with Gogglebox at the moment. 

The new series has just started but as I work random shifts I can never watch them all but e4 has started re-playing all the old episodes (which I have never seen) so my evenings are sorted! Especially as they start at 11pm so I am normally home by then from late shifts to watch a couple of episodes. The only problem is..it keeps me up until about 1am every night - oops.

But totally worth it.


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Where else to find me - 

Twitter - @mloggee

Personal Instagram - @riddikulus__








No comments:

Post a Comment