Saturday 10 October 2015

Bedroom Tour - Autumn Edition #1

Autumn interior decorating is my absolute favourite type of any interior design. Its the time for cosy cushions, big fluffy blankets, cute fairy lights and everything copper, brown, golden and green.

So, when it comes to my bedroom, I like to keep the style simple and tidy, yet cosy and fitting to the season. During the summer, I bought fake daffodils (as real ones make my sneeze) and replaced all my fairy lights from the previous winter with lightly coloured bunting to match the colour scheme of my bedroom (pastel green and cream). I also bought new throws for my bed which were white and fluffy to lighten up the room for summer, and also purchased a few succulents to place on my desk.
But now the cosy season of Autumn and winter has arrived its goodbye to the summer bedroom and hello to scented candles and fluffiness.

I'm going to show little snippets of my bedroom rather than a full bedroom tour, as my room is my most favourite place ever to be and its kind of nice to keep it private. I'm sure you all have places you feel the same about, and we should all respect that :) But I hope you enjoy what you do see, and ill leave links to where everything is bought for you!

Welcome to my rooom!


This is my desk area where I stand to do my makeup and also store all my makeup. The little wooden draws on the left keep my eye shadow palettes, face creams, moisturiser, face wash and a couple of nail varnishes.
The little pots in the middle are actually flower pots but I use them to hold my hair brushes/combs, body creams and deodorant cans and the white bowl is for all my everyday makeup such as foundation concealer etc etc etc.
(P.S I have just noticed after taking, editing and uploading this photo that my lamp shade is lop-sided, my inner OCD is going crazy just looking at it..)








Where some items are from - (You may have to copy and paste the links not click)

  •                                                            Lamp -                                                                           http://www.dunelm.com/product/printed-chateau-table-lamp-1000050235



  •                                      Makeup bowl (similiar) -                                                 http://www.dunelm.com/product/metal-disc-large-white-bowl-1000063946?searchTerm=bowl

  •                                              Pots -                                                        http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20186101/

  •                                            Makeup brush pot -                                                      http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/small-ceramic-heart-tealight-holder-906448

  •                                                            Candle -                                                                     http://www.primark.com/en/product/white-tea-and-peony-glass-candle,R35397118021665

  • Ghost perfume (my favourite winter scent to wear) -  http://www.superdrug.com/b/Ghost




On the wall above my bed I have a photo wall, which I have decorated with white and wooden photo frames with photos of friends, family, querky quotes and some photos I have taken myself, (including the photo I am most proud of taking which is the lion in the middle) I have then casually draped flower fairy lights along the top of the wall above the frames.


  •                                White photo frames -                                              http://www.dunelm.com/product/distressed-cream-photo-frame-1000028748?searchTerm=white+photo+frames

  •                                           Wooden frames -                                                          http://www.dunelm.com/product/natural-wooden-bulldog-clip-photo-frame-1000064947?searchTerm=wooden+photo+frames


This is my bedside table. At the moment I am burning a Cinnamon Spice candle which smells amazing, and so so festive. 
Next to the candle is my little fish tank where I home my Guppies, they breed like crazy so at the moment I have lots of little babies, hehe.
In front of the tank is a jar plant which I originally thought was fake but soon found out it wasent..
Its a bit like a succulent as its very low maintenance and you literally spray it with water once a month and it stays looking cute and pretty.

  •                          Candle (similiar) -                                 http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/scented-candle-jar---cinnamon-spice---20oz-106194

I LOVE this chest of drawers so much. The wood is quite oldish looking with knots in the wood which gives a vinatagy style. It sits at the end of my bed with my TV on top and lots of cosyness. The two candles at the front smell so amazingly strong of festivity that it actually smells of Christmas when I light them ;)
The fairylight cone in the background is one of my favourite things in my bedroom. It plugs into the wall (no no annoying batterys, yay!) and just sits pretty was lit up in the evening. It creates a lovely healthy glow and I often sit watching TV of an evening with just the cone and my fairy lights on and its so super cosy, eeeeek. 

  •                                                      Candles -                                                                   http://www.primark.com/en/product/sweet-berry-and-patchouli,R35397118021658

  •                                                    Light up cone -                                                              http://www.dunelm.com/product/silver-christmas-led-light-up-cone-1000066626?searchTerm=cone





In the centre of my bedroom floor I have this rug which is honestly the softest thing I have ever walked on, and really helps to add a bit of life to the room. I purchased it in cream, but it actually has a touch if green in it which is perfect for me as it matches the style in my bedroom! So heres a cosy photo of me stood on it in fluffy slippers and Christmas pajamas...

  •     Rug (similar) -                   http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9263941.htm

  •                          Christmas pajamas -                                         http://www.primark.com/en/search/search-products-results?q=christmas%20pajamas&c=women 



And lastly, this is the place I sit and blog, on my bed with my green throw and stag duvet cover in a room full of candles and fairy lights - heaven! 




<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Where else to find me - 

Twitter - @mloggee

Personal Instagram - @riddikulus__

  




3 comments:

  1. Looks really nice! Heard you're getting married, how exciting! Might I ask how old you are? You look very young so I got curious haha. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I am 19 and 20 on 30th January next year and we've been together for 3 years :) But we are not planning to get married until we are at least 21-22.
      xxx

      Delete
    2. That's lovely, you have plenty of time to plan then! xxx

      Delete