Thursday 12 May 2016

Quick & Easy Vegetarian Cooking || Tomato Quorn Noodles



Following my last post which was a quick Vegetarian Q&A I had a couple of people who said they would like to try being a Veggie so I thought I'd try something a little different and show you an easy Vegetarian meal which I love to eat on those nights when you are going out and need a quick meal, or you just can't be bothered to cook a huge dinner!
I made this recipe up myself one evening when cooking for me and my boyfriend (who isn't Veggie but likes to eat the same as me every now and again) so it's one of those ones you can literally add or takeaway any parts you like or dislike, so enjoy!

- All ingredients and cooking information I will include at the end - 

Step one.)
Firstly I start off by heating a small amount of vegetable oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and then add a portion of Quorn chicken pieces which can be bought at most supermarkets.


Step two.)
I fry this for about 12-13 minutes until all pieces have gone a golden brown colour.
During this time they will need to be turned over using a spatula or spoon just to make sure they are all cooked on each side and it also makes them all an even colour so the end presentation looks a lot better. 
As this is Quorn so therefore meat-free you don't need to worry too much about it being under cooked.
My pieces were frozen before hand so it's just to warm them through really.


  Step Three.) 
Once 12 minutes is up, leave the Quorn in the pan and add a portion of noodles with another small drizzle of vegetable oil over the top just to help break all the noodles up and give them a bit more moisture. You also want to add another 3 minutes to the timer.
Any noodles of your choice can be used at this point! I just like to add plain ones but that's a personal preference.



Step Four.) 
At this point I like to add some vegetables just to give the meal a bit of colour and also a bit more flavour.
When I was cooking this meal I decided to put in a few pieces of cut up green pepper as I looooove the taste of fried pepper.
You could also add sliced carrot (this will need extra cooking time) mini sweet corn, garlic, green beans, anything really!  
If you want to add a lot of veg especially those which take a longer time to cook you could place them in a separate frying pan and then add them at the end so they cook a big quicker or steam them if preferred. 


Step 5.)
Once the last 3 minutes is up and all the vegetables are cooked I like to add a tomato and basil sauce for some flavour.
Tip the sauce in and mix until all the noodles are covered and then stir over the heat for 30 seconds or so.
Then tip into a bowl, serve and enjoy!


You can also add grated cheese on the top or olives etc for extra taste!

Ingredients used - 
Vegetable oil (roughly 2 tea spoons at start)
Quorn Chicken pieces
Noodles 
Vegetables of your choice 
Tomato and basil sauce
Grated cheese (optional)
Olives (Optional)

Cooking heat - 
Medium 
(my cooker is 1-6 and I usually use heat 4 all the way through and then turn it down to 1 for just stirring in the tomato sauce at the end)

Total time - 
Roughly 17 minutes depending on what vegetables are used.
Can easily be cut down to 15 minutes.

Rough cost to make - 
Under £10.

Easy rating of out 5 (1 = very easy 5= very hard)
1!

Molly
xox


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


Where else to find me - 

Twitter - @mloggee
Personal Instagram - @riddikulus___


















No comments:

Post a Comment