Monday 7 September 2015

August Favourites

It's that time of again where YouTubers and bloggers around the world share their monthly favourites! My favourite time if I'm honest, (I'm actually sat here watching Favourites videos on Youtube as I'm typing this) as it just gives me a lot of inspiration to go out and buy/try new products, which is good for my makeup collection yet not so good for my bank balance..

I spent the majority of August in a different country which meant I was limited to what products I could take with me as I travelled by aeroplane, and had to squash everything into a tiny little makeup bag.. Tetris style! (Google Tetris if you're not as old as me and have no idea what that retro little game is), but I managed to fit in everything I use for my everyday makeup which was  relieving for me, and nothing burst or spilled everywhere which was even better! woohoooo 

I'm going to just jump straight into it as I have quite a few items to show you :) 



Firstly is Stay Matte by Rimmel London. This is a long lasting powder foundation in the shade 006 Warm Beige. I use this on top of my liquid foundation to get rid of any shine on my face. It came in particularly handy on holiday as the temperature ranged from 30-40 degrees so I didn't want to look constantly sweaty by wearing liquid foundation in the sun. I applied this to my face after my makeup was finished using a Real Techniques blusher brush (see below) to all areas of my face. I found that I didn't need to be overally cautious about where I applied it, I just swirled the brush around the foundation and then blended it in to my face, mainly across my forehead and cheeks where glow is normally more visible. I bought this in Boots for about £4 which is insanely cheap and much worth the money. (I will leave links below at the end of the post to all of these products for you). 


Secondly is another Rimmel London product, as I have really been loving their makeup recently and use a lot of different products of there's. This is the concealer correcteur (as spelt this way on the packaging). I went through a phase a few weeks ago where I just wasent getting on with any concealer. I found liquid ones to be too cakey and they didn't last very long, I felt like I was constantly ordering more off the internet or going into every Boots or Superdrug I passed to buy a new one. So upon holiday shopping for makeup I can across this concealer. Its kind of like a powder but more liquidy and with more density. I absolutely LOVE IT!! It's perfect concealer! I apply this before foundation and it covers my under-eye circles and blemishes perfectly, it even covers spots to perfection. The only problem I find with this product is that its hard to find one in the shops that haven't got finger prints inside them. I actually own this in two shades 030 Warm beige and 020 Ivory. My shade is Ivory as Warm Beige is much too dark but I originally had to buy the darker shade as all of the lighter ones has horrible finger prints or holes in where someone else had stuck their hands in to test it out - disgusting!! This is partly the shops fault for not having tester pots out but also the packaging isn't sealed with tape or whatever like most foundations are meaning that people can just do what they like to them. Luckily I found my lighter shade about three weeks later in a completely different Boots.   


Oh my goodness.
It happened.
I bought it.
AND I'M IN LOOOOVVEEE.
This is honestly THE BEST makeup product I have EVER bought. I need to calm down.
It is of course The Benefit Rollerlash mascara. I had heard so much hype about it but had put off buying it due to the price. Its roughly around £20 which to me is a lot for just a mascara. Normally I spend around £20-£25 on a lot of products all in one go not just one alone. I am quite picky about mascaras as well because my eyelashes are very long, but hard to manage. They stick around in odd places and rain droplets always get caught in them and its just a nightmare. I discovered eyelash curlers about a year ago and they have been a complete life saver every since as they stopped my lashes from sticking out but mascaras I find normally are too heavy and my lashes go straight rather than curled upwards. I caved in when I found this mascara at the Duty Free shops at the airport on the way to my holiday, it was about £16 so I decided just to go for it and treat myself as I was on holiday! ;)
Now on the original box it did state that you would no longer need eyelash curlers but I do still use mine before and after applying this mascara just because my lashes are long and heavy, but this is the only mascara I have found where my lashes stay curled for almost an entire day! Its just amazing really. And I love the handle and applicator so much! The actual brush itself is curved which is what gives you the volume when applying but oh my goodness just go against all your best judgement of makeup budgeting and BUY IT! You won't regret it ;)



Simple is my ultimate favourite. I use a lot of their skincare products and at the moment they are doing a big sale on literally everything they sell which is lovely for me! I think I have about four packets of their makeup wipes at the moment as they are over half price! Some of their products can be more expensive than what I normally buy but they are still very affordable, and its worth swapping to Simple from your everyday drug-store products such as Boots-own just because Simple use natural ingredients (see below) and makeup your skin feel a lot more softer than cheaper brands. This face wash I used every morning on holiday and my skin really thanked me for it. Once back in the UK and back to work I started to slack with skincare and this morning I woke up with my skin feeling very greasy and just unclean. To me this shows that this face wash works as you notice the difference when you stop using it for a couple of weeks, (also note that I work in a restaurant with deep-fat fryers so my skin is more likely to be affected by grease more). It makes you feel very refreshed and clean after every use and this feeling carries on all day.


As you can tell by the dirty packaging..this is well used and loved.
I have never personally be one for eyeshadows. When I was about 12 or 13 I would think I was cool and grown-up and wear blue eyeshadow which is such a cringe. But recently I really wanted to start trying them out as I always feel my eyes look too plain with just mascara on. I saw this palette The Nudes by Maybelline advertised on the TV and went out and bought it that day. It was £10 which is an absolute bargain in my eyes (excuse the pun) as some  palettes can range from about £30-£50!! I now use this almost everyday and by looking at the picture below you can clearly see that the bottom left shade is my favourite. It doesn't have a name but its basically a natural looking brown with a slight shimmer to it. I have received compliments since wearing it, which is always lovely :) 
Applying eyeshadow is a completely different story as I had never had any experience and I have never watched any tutorials on how to apply it so I kind of just guessed but I get better each time I do it..I think. 



Doing the job I do (working in catering) I'm not allowed to wear nail varnish to work, not even nude coloured shades which is really annoying as I really do like having my nails painted. I HATE doing it but love the finished product. My nails grow super quick as well so I'm the sort of person that cuts them really short just because they get in the way whilst working, (my Mum absolutely hates me for doing this because her nails just don't grow!). Anyway I found this nail varnish by Rita Ora called Rain Rain Go Away and I liked the natural shade so bought it to take on holiday. I painted my nails the day before I went away and it had only just started chipping half way through my second week away so it lasted a long time! The brush is lovely and makes it really quick and easy to apply. This photo makes the colour look really boring but its actually really lovely, and affordable!


Christmas is coming!!
Well it is in my bedroom.
I found these festive wintery smelling candles in Primark believe it or not! Usually I hate the smell of Primark candles and avoid them at all costs because although they are cheap and affordable, they are this for a reason..because they stink! 
But these drew me in simple by the colour of them (They are both the same scent by the way I just decided to buy one big and one small), and I was pleasantly surprised when I smelt them! I can't really describe the smell buy its very festive. Thats all I can say really! Smells are just too hard to explain. The larger candle out of the two was only £4 and burns for 60 hours and the smaller one was a £1 and burns for 12 hours! Such a bargain! I have seen Yankee candles before and been so tempted to buy them but I kind of think £25-£30 is quite ridiculous for one big candle in a jar but the larger one of the two from Primark is pretty much the same size as a Yankee candle, and smells just as nice! 


If you have read my 'How I clean my makeup brushes' blog post you would have seen this Tresemme shampoo already before. I absolutely love this shampoo and conditioner combo. They are both deep cleansing for all hair types and they really give your hair a fresh and clean feeling after every wash, and they smell amazing!
I had a bit of problems with my last shampoo (mentioned in my previous monthly favourites) where my hair would start feeling very greasy on my scalp after washing. So I switched to these and since then I haven't had any problems! I apply the shampoo first and use both hands to massage it into all sections of my hair including the roots and a smaller amount on the ends of the my hair. After rinsing I then apply the conditioner using the same method but also tipping my head upside down and ensuring all the underneath has been reached and the ends of my hair as these are the areas which get dry. I then leave the conditioner on without any water touching it for two-three minutes to let it do its job. Leaving it on like this makes my hair super soft and shiny. I love it so much!
These bottles are more expensive than most shampoo and conditioner I have previously bought at £5 a bottle but its totally worth it and nearly almost on offer at either Tesco or Wilkinsons.


Finally if you've got this far well done! I ramble on so much in my blogs that when I go back to proof-read and edit I can't actually believe how much I have written! But I just enjoy it so much, hehe.
This brush is the Real Techniques Blusher Brush I use to apply the first product in this post the Rimmel London Stay Matte powder. Its so soft on your skin and really helps to blend your foundation into your neck and applying powder. I love it a lot and use it all the time. It was fairly pricey but not too bad and it does the job so its worth it. I also love how Real Technique brushes look when all together, as they are actually really pretty brushes! Without that sounding strange..

So fluffy!!

Thats everything for this months favourites, and I hope I've inspired you to go out and buy some of these products to try for yourself. I am already trying out some new products at the moment which I will either put into next months favourites or do a review post on, depending how well I get on with them!


Thanks so much for reading.

Molly
xox

Here is everything featured above that I can find on the internet. All of my beauty products are purchased from either Boots or Superdrug (apart from the mascara and candles), but as their websites are slightly different to what they sell in the shops its proving hard to find every product exactly like what I have bought, so I will do my best to find the closest thing if not the same.

  • Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder - http://www.superdrug.com/Rimmel/Rimmel-Stay-Matte-Pressed-Powder-Peach-Glow-3/p/592498#.Ve4VpxHBzGc
  • Rimmel London Concealer - Correcteur - http://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Face/Concealer/Rimmel-London-Lasting-Finish-Concealer-Ivory-10/p/368500#.Ve4V7xHBzGc
  •  Benefit Roller Lash - http://www.boots.com/en/benefit-Roller-Lash-mascara_1654256/
  • Simple Refreshing Face Wash - http://www.boots.com/en/Simple-Refreshing-Facial-Wash-50ml_955963/
  • The Nudes by Maybelline palette - http://www.boots.com/en/Maybelline-Palette-The-Nudes_1685050/
  • Rita Ora Rain Rain Go Away nail varnish - http://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Nails/Nail-Polish/Rimmel-60-Seconds-Super-Shine-By-Rita-Ora-Rain-Rain-Go-Away/p/411102#.Ve4W5xHBzGc
  • Tresemme Deep Cleansing shampoo - http://www.superdrug.com/3-for-2-on-selected-Tresemme/TRESemme-Cleanse-%26-renew-2in1-Shampoo-plus-Conditioner-900ml/p/267677#.Ve4XGBHBzGc
  • Real Techniques Blush Brush - http://www.superdrug.com/Real-Techniques/Real-Techniques-Blush-Brush/p/553262?singleResultSearchPage=true#.Ve4XjBHBzGc
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Where else to find me - 

Twitter - @mloggee

Personal Instagram - @riddikulus___

No comments:

Post a Comment