Wednesday 10 December 2014

Some secrets are best kept

When I was little I always wanted to become a writer. I was forever making up stories with my own fictional caracters, spending hours creating a little world for each one and adapting it into a story. Some stories were just forked from TV shows and other books I've already read, for example 'Horrid Henry' was always my favourite as a child, so I'd write my own little stories using the characters from these stories. 
As I got older English soon became my favourite lesson and in primary school I was the one who always 'won the story competition' (without sounding big-headed!!) or got chosen to read out loud in class simply because my teachers knew of my love for reading and writing. 
In secondary school I was lucky enough to have one of the BEST English teachers ever which made me love the subject even more. I used to go completely overboard on essays and my teacher used to actually tell me to 'stop writing so much!' In my work because my essays used to take forever to mark! 

The idea of having a blog is never something I really thought about. I knew they existed but I assumed they were like an online diary which wasn't something I wanted to do. A couple of months ago I decided to take a look at a few different types of blogging and soon discovered it was something I actually really enjoyed reading, and wanted to be apart of! It feels like one big community of online people, all enjoying reading about each other's interests, likes, dislikes, opinions etc I love the fact nobody knows each other as it allows us all to create our own image and story of that person. 

My main intention when I first posted my first blog post wasn't to gain a lot of readers but more of just knowing I have a place to write and express my thoughts to new, interesting people who don't know me and I don't know them, and even if nobody reads my posts (which I'm not too sure many do!) at least I know myself I have my own little place to come to when I want to. 

It's my little secret.

I haven't told anybody that I blog, not even my friends, best friend, boyfriend, parents or my sister who I'm really close with! 

I believe we all deserve to have a place to come to and have it our own without everybody knowing. Some people have a place offline like a beach or forest which they like to go to alone, but for me and for now I just enjoy blogging.

Does anyone else think the same as me? I'd love to find out in the comments.

Thanks for reading, 

Molly

xox

 <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12942765/?claim=rrpy2k2dkkz">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment