Monday 12 December 2016

Recreating Zoella's Hair


Okay, so maybe I should have titled this 'Attempting To Recreate Zoella's Hair' as I feel like I've succeed sort of, but we all know anybody could wear her hair style and never ever pull it off as well as her, but we can only try I suppose!


So I don't think I'm the only one when I say I've been loving the tight curls Zoe has been rocking recently, the volume is great and overall look is slightly vintage which I also love, and we've all been sat waiting for a tutorial video for the look right?! So far no such luck but she did mention briefly what curling tongs she used to make her hair in that sort of curl and there has been various time-lapses of her styling it in vlogs but nothing too tutorial-like.

SO I decided to try and take matters into my own hands but minus the curling tongs.
This is a personal preference simply because my hair is super super thick which makes curling a very long winded procedure which I would never have time for in the mornings and I usually end up getting frustrated because it ends up going extremely frizzy and I might as well just lick my fingers and stick them in an electric socket (...not recommended).

We've all heard of the plaiting your hair trick - that is exactly what this but theres a bit more a nack to it.
Firstly I wanted to make sure my hair was going to look not only curly but also clean and shiny so I applied a quick hair masque in the shower to condition and soften my hair.
After wards I brushed my hair with a wide toothed comb to release any knots and tangles and then wrapped it all up (minus the comb haha) on the top of my head tightly in a towel.
I left it like this for quite a while to towel dry my hair as much as possible and theeeeen let it all down and brushed it again with the same comb.


I then made sure my parting was in the right place and starting from my roots plaited my hair.
Now I wanted the same sort of volume as Zoe gets from her curls so made sure as much hair as possible was plaited from the top of my head all the way down.
The easiest way to do this I found was to gather small pieces of hair from the top and plait downwards taking more hair as I went - bit like a frenchplaitting.
It can take a while and I definitely found myself having to start some plaits again to get it right and you do end up looking a bit crazy at the end of it.
I had about six plaits by the end all of different thicknesses and sizes but I love that as it gives the end result look a look more natural.

Once you're done - sleep on it, wake up, take all the hair bands out, turn your head upside down, shake and you're done!!




Easy peasy and requires literally zero time to style in the morning.
And although yeah I get it it may not look as good as Zoe's but it's definitely a start and no heat is required which benefits my hair a lot :)

What hair styles are you loving recently?

Molly
xox

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Where else to find me - 

Twitter - @daffodilsdaisys
Instagram - @riddikulus___
Photography Instagram - @captured_by_molly
Photography page - Facebook 'Captured by Molly' 





No comments:

Post a Comment