Sunday 4 December 2016

Christmas Party Anxiety


It's that time of the year - Christmas - and although its the best best best time of the year, it is also for some one of the scariest also.

Each week and around every corner are parties.
Work parties, friends parties, family parties - they're everywhere!

I've never ever been one to enjoy big social events and was always that one at school that would slide away from the conversation if a party was mentioned or conveniently 'be busy' if I was invited to one.

Now I'm older and grown up past the age of 'I'm not 18 yet so I can't come' excuse it becomes a lot harder to find a reason not to go to parties.

So I'm left with the option to just man up - put some makeup on, wear nice clothes and go out and try to enjoy myself.

Sounds easy - and sometimes it is and other times not so much, for me I suppose it depends on the company I'll have at the party and how many people I know.
I fear being left on my own and looking like the loner in the corner with no one to talk to - plus I also hate the initial 'beginning of the party' when you first walk in and everyone turns to greet you - I feel like that's the moment when everyone is fully looking and judging what you're wearing and what you look like.
Too dramatic?
Haha, it's a hard thing to explain and I'm sure a lot of you are reading this and thinking 'whaaaaaat?!' and others are nodding their heads like crazy understanding every word like little Churchills ;) 

My goal for this month isn't too push myself into doing what I don't want to do or don't feel comfortable with but I do want to try and say yes to a few Christmas parties - not to loose the 'boring one' status but more to show myself that I CAN do it and more to the point - not to give two hoots what others think I look like or they don't like what I'm wearing.
How I will do that exactly I haven't quite worked out yet.

It won't be easy but neither is learning to backflip and loads of people can do that...right?!
aha.

What do you do in situations that make you nervous?

Molly
xox


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Where else to find me - 

Twitter - @daffodilsdaisys
Instagram - @riddikulus___
Photography Instagram - @captured_by_molly
Photography page - Facebook 'Captured by Molly' 





No comments:

Post a Comment