Thursday 3 November 2016

How To - Easy Autumnal Instagram Theme


Everyone here loves Instagram right?
Some more than others - and I'm definitely a BIG lover of all things insta and find 'themes' extremely pleasing to look at - especially those which are seasonal related.

Recently I've been taking a lot of autumnal photos when I'm out and about and uploading them to Instagram and my page has never looked more cosy - I love it!

 @Riddikulus___

And whats even better is I've found a lovely quick and simple way to edit them to create the 'theme' which only includes the Instagram app itself and the tools provided - as personally I cannot be doing with uploading and editing on a number of different apps and THEN uploading to Instagram nah nah nah.
So heres a few simple steps on how to produce a quick and easy Autumnal looking Instagram:

o Taking the photo - 
When taking an Autumnal photo I always try and get as much colour into it as possible by keeping it light and bright.
I take pretty much all my Instagrams on my iPhone 6 and make the photo lighter by tapping on the main subject in the photo.
I also try and position the camera so any dark areas are cut out as much as possible - although a little bit of darkness can be cosy so just find the right balance.


o Editing (my fav bit)
At the moment I'm just using the Instagram app on it's own to edit my photos as its soooo quick and super easy.
To make the colours pop in the photo I start by adding the filter 'Lark.' 
This instantly lightens the picture slightly and also gives it an orangey/yellow tinge - which is perfect for Autumn time!

Original Photo:


With Lark filter:



After applying the filter to the photo I also like to go into the 'edit' section and add or take away a little bit of brightness (normally adding), put the saturation up slightly - but not so much that it makes the photo look cartoony and unrealistic.
To make the photo extra cosy and bright I always use the 'warm' edit and put it up to between 80-100.

Photo completely edited with the following:
Lark 100
Brightness +5
Saturation +13
Warmth +100


Here's a few more examples of before and afters using the edits above (numbers of each edit vary on each photo - because it depends on what looks better for which photo :))


Hopefully this has given you some help on making your Insta look lovely, cosy and autumnal - yay!

Don't forget to leave your Instagram @'s below in the comments :)

Molly
xox 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


Where else to find me - 

Twitter - @daffodilsdaisys

Instagram - @riddikulus___























2 comments:

  1. I love instagram! Definitely my favourite app haha! I love all your autumn photos they're lovely, especially with the boosted colour! I'm awkward and sometimes use the photoshop app but it is a pain having to take it back into insta!
    Sophie xx

    http://www.sophieallan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! It's great for seeing other people's photo styles 😊😊 haha me too every now and then, what we do to get the perfect insta hey, haha.
      😇xoxo

      Delete