Tuesday 3 November 2015

Time For A Change

If anybody read my last post its clearly very obvious that on that particular day I wasn't very happy - at all.
I was feeling particularly down and unmotivated and frustrated at life and blogged about it just to get it off my chest, and it did make me feel a lot better and I suddenly started to realise that I needed some sort of change in my life..something to take my mind off being unhappy.

Recently at meal times or on my break at work I would be getting so bored of what I was eating, it seemed like the same old thing day after day, none of it ever being very healthy and making me feel gross and horrible afterwards. I tried eating healthier, but I have never been the biggest salad fan (I find salad leaves taste like grass no matter how much dressing you smother on top) so that was never really an option, and other means of 'healthier' food were so much pricier in the shops and then once you've bought it, you get home and realise its been packed full of sugar so you might as well be eating a packet of jam doughnuts!

A few tasteless salads later I it dawned on me that it wasn't all food boring me, just the meat products. At my job I serve burgers, breakfasts, steaks, chicken etc etc all day long and it used to tempt me and make hungry but now I can't think of anything worse to eat than meat.
 I knew this was definitely the problem when Saturday night I ordered ribs from a Chinese takeaway (ribs being my ultimate weakness, and the dish I usually ALWAYS order from restaurants) and I didn't enjoy them at all, in fact they made me feel ill.
It's so strange!
I was never really the biggest meat eater anyway but it never really made me feel ill like it has been recently. 

Soooooo
I then decided to try a veggie Quorn sausage bagel from work.
To be honest I was half expecting it to taste like cardboard or sawdust but at this point I was ready to try anything that didn't involve salad leaves, and I was pleasantly surprised! They looked like normal meat sausages yet tasted nothing like meat at all, it was more of a natural taste. It's very hard to explain but the main thing is that they were a complete success and I think I have may possibly accidentally become a vegetarian.

(Not my photo)


So since the Quorn sausage bagel day I went straight to a food store and bought a few other Quorn products. I have yet to try them but I am super excited too! I think the thing I love the most about these products is that they all still look like normal meat, so its not so obvious that you are eating meat-free items (not that it matters if people do know :)) so it all looks like food I used to eat, but its just meat-free and SO much healthier. It's just perfect, and very affordable. Theres so many different products you can buy so you can make proper meals but just Quorn products substituting the meat. They even do mince meat so you can make spag bowl! woohoo.

I am taking a trip shopping with my Mum tomorrow to a huge food store and I will be looking for other Quorn meals there to try. Hopefully eating healthier foods like these will help me feel happier and have the change and impact on my life that I need to move forward :) Because as cliché as it sounds, feeling good does start from within.
Feeling healthy and eating healthy will make you feel better about yourself on the inside which will radiate out to the outside.

Does anybody else eat Quorn? Or other vegetarian foods? And are you making any changes in your life at the moment? 
Remember to let me know below :)

Molly
xox

Quorn - http://www.quorn.co.uk/



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


Where else to find me - 

Twitter - @mloggee

Personal Instagram - @riddikulus__




No comments:

Post a Comment