Wednesday 5 August 2015

Day In The Life #1 - Folk Festival

Gooooood evening everybody!

I'm still feeling really autumnal and festive IN AUGUST, and its raining today so I'm feeling even extra cosy eurrrggghhhhhh, why do I feel so excited about Christmas when I'm going on holiday in ten days?! (Which I am SUPER excited about, although today is my only day off before I go away which means this week I am doing NINE yes NINE shifts in a row. heeeeelllpppp meeeee).

Anyways, I have never done or attempted a 'Day Summary' before but I've read a few blog posts of this kind on other peoples pages and I love them! They are so nice to read and see what everyones been up to on a daily basis. So here goes.

In true English style it rained today on my only day off and me and Mum had arranged to go to a folk festival along the beach front..we went anyway but the weather was horrific, booo. 
For anybody that hasn't come across or doesn't know what a folk festival is, its like a little week when a whole town put up cute little bunting and put out lots of tents filled with arty and crafty things to buy. Its a lovely place to go and they only really happen in the summer (not that it matters what time of year they do it in England because it will just rain anyway...). 
I took my camera (Canon EOS 700D) along with me but was a bit disappointed that I couldn't take as many photos as I would have liked to due to the rain and everything looking dark and depressing :( But heres what I managed to get anyway!







Soo, the summary of today - 
  • No matter how much the community tries, setting up a folk festival will not mean the sun will shine.
  • Folk festivals will still be major busy even on weekdays and with rubbish weather, so be prepared to be driving around in circles for over twenty minutes looking for somewhere to park (this actually happened).
  • Cameras are heavy and shoulders will start to ache after a while when its been shoved into your hand bag because it cant be used because of RAIN.
  • Beach front chip shops are the BEST.
  • The beach looks very unattractive in gloomy weather.
  • It's 143 days until Christmas ;) SORRY I just had to say it.


You may not see me around here much in the next few weeks as I'm going abroad (WITHOUT INTERNET...but I'm working on that) and as I mentioned earlier, I am working for the next nine days straight so I wont have anything interesting to blog about anyway, but I will report back if anything in my not-so-interesting-life does appear interesting ;)

Let me know below what you've been doing today in the comments below!

Bye for now you lovely bunch.

Molly
xox


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Where else to find me - 

Twitter - @mloggee

Personal Instagram - @riddikulus___




No comments:

Post a Comment