Wednesday 14 January 2015

Routine - Everyday Makeup ||

Hello, and a good afternoon, morning, or evening in whichever part of the world you are reading this in. I only say this as since checking my blog 'viewings stats' I've noticed a few people have actually read my posts (which was a shock on its own at first!) from countries such as Denmark, America and South Africa!! Amazing!! So thankyou to whoever you are and what ever country you're in, even if its the same as me in the UK, I am still very thankful :)

I am doing - or attempting - my first ever 'routine' blogpost. Mainly because I love reading other peoples and how they do their hair and makeup on a daily basis as I'm always open to trying new techniques and styles etc. 
Sooo I am here just to show anybody who would like to know, how I do my makeup almost everyday of the week (unless I'm staying in all day and having a lazy day!). It's extremely simple, and embarressingly I have only recently (probably in the last 5-6 months) have actually started wearing makeup properly. I've been wearing mascara for as long as my secondary school life started, (and also I used to wear this horrible blue eyeshadow which was cool back in the day.......cringe.) but only in the past few months have I actually invested in my first concealer, foundation and makeup brushes and seeing as I'm 19 in about 3 weeks, I'd say that was pretty late! But! Theres no time like the present so here goes...

This is the spot where I normally like to sit and do my makeup...


It's my windowsill! Sounds ridiculous but the lighting in my bedroom is'nt all the great for this sort of thing so I try and use natural light as much as possible. The setup in the photo is always how I have it, as I can reach my products easily and my phone, which usually always watch a YouTube video whilst doing my makeup.

But just to contradict all of that, today I applied my makeup in the bathroom as its been snowing here in the UK and it was FREEZING sat by my window, even with it shut! And the bathroom has a radiator under the mirror, sooooooo ;)

Firstly I start off by tying up my hair, by completely taking it all off of my face. Please note I HATE my hair like this. Well I like how my hair looks, but it really doesnt compliment my facial shape in the slightest. I wish I could get away with it but I really can't (I am forever jealous of people who can scrap all their hair off of their face and still look female...I tend to look like Phil Mitchel ha.ha.haaaaa) so this is why you probably won't see my entire face in any of the photos until my hair is safely framing it again.


Next, I start off by curling my eyelashes. This might seem a weird place to start but I will explain nearer the end why I tend to start with this :)

This is the FREAKIEST photo of me ever, ew scroll on past 

And of course once the eyelashes are curled, mascara is applied. I am currently using Rimmel London Wonder'full mascara. I bought in back in August to take on holiday with me, and it's lastest ever since! It makes my eyelashes look very full and works very well with curlers (as some mascaras just come off onto the curlers and you'll left with nothing on your lashes, but this one is perfect!). Not that I have a problem with this mascara but once it is finished I am going to try a new one, just because I love experimenting with my eyelashes as (without sounding vain, because I am not in anyway!) they are quite long and I have recieved compliments on them before, so trying out new mascaras helps me to make my lashes look their best! (Has anyone tried the 'Better than Sex' mascara that Zoe Sugg mentions? I'd love to hear if anyone else has tried it as that might be my next one...)


Once my lashes are done I start to move onto my skin. Before I started this post, this morning after I had showered I moisturised my face using the 'Zoella body cream' (just to note, I don't just use and buy this product because of who it's made by. I actually love the texture of the cream and it just makes my skin feel so soft and hydrated after applying. Before buying it I also did the 'smell test' because I didn't want to purchase it and then decide when I got it home that it smells horrible - the smell is actually amazingly fresh and sweet!) I also have a fruity body cream that I sometimes use on my face, it just depends on what sort of smell I'd like, or which one is closer at the time of me moiturising!

I start of with the concealer 'Rimmel London Wake Me Up' in the shade Ivory.
(See previous 'Reviews' blogpost where I haver reviewed this product along with the foundation, mascara and brushes used in this post).
This is applied on any blemishes or areas of my face which I am not happy with, e.g. spots, red marks, bruises etc.
It covered very well and the colour is very natural - which is what I love about it the best! It's also extremely easy to apply and gives an even coverage.


These are the areas of my face I usually like to cover on a daily basis..

I thought I'd have to be brave and let you see at least some of my face! Sorry for the weair facial expression.

My chin is prone to blemishes and marks such as spots that were squeezed weeks ago, and general red marks, Around the edge of my nose also is just naturally red which I think is a thing a lot of people get, as the skin is much more greasy around those areas. The end of my nose gets a lot of black heads so concealer helps me to give them a first layer of coverage as foundation wouldn't be enough on its own.
Once all the concealer has been applied to the areas needed I blend it all in using a Real Techniques foundation brush.

The handle is so dirty! Whoops.
These brushes are just amazing. I can't even start to descirbe how much I love it.  I only have this one but have my eye on the new edition ones that have recently been released. They are BEAUTIFUL. Heres a link if you want to see for yourself...

http://www.realtechniques.com/shop-collection

They feel so soft on your skin!
Neeeeexxxxxxt up.
Foundation.
My current (and only one I've ever used) is the 'Rimmel London Wake Me Up' in the shade Ivory.




I have a very weird way of applying this, so let me know if you have a better way! I quirt a small amount onto my hand, like soooo...


And then use my other hand to apply it onto the areas of my skin where I want it to be, e.g. nose, cheeks, forehead, chin etc. I find this way I do not get too much onto my skin which can then make me look orange or just unnatural. Applying the foundation straight onto the brush also in my eyes doesnt give an even coverage as the first area you touch will get the most. Maybe I'm wrong but I find this way the easiest to get a good coverage and the correct amount for my face, (which is different for everyone). Also if I have put too much onto my hand it can easily just be washed away without it having to be taken off my actual face. 

I look like such a child with my hair all off my face hahaah


This is also blended in the same way as the concealer, with the Real Techniques foundation brush. I would like to get a seperate one for concealer than is slightly smaller, just to make the blending part a bit easier.

I also apply a small amount underneath my eyebrows...


I use the same brush once again to blend this is and then use a smaller Barry M concealer brush to ensure it is completely blended. It seems a weird place to apply foundation but in the past I have not applied it and then noticed half way through the day that between my eyebrows and eyelids is actually paler than the rest of my skin, so this is how I overcame that :)




Once the foundation as been completely and evenly blended onto my face, I re-curl my eyelashes. I start off with curling them at the beginning as this gives the mascara time to dry whilst I apply my concealer and foundation. This means they can then be re-curled at the end just to give them a finishing touch and make sure they are properly curled.
I find trying to curl eyelashes on freshly applied mascara that is wet just makes them stick to the curlers and then the lashed all clump together and look awful.



This gets my lashes looking a lot more like this!

The last thing of my makeup routine is to add a bit of shine or colour to my lips. At the moment I've been loving these...



From left to right, the orange one has a pinky shade to it which helps just to finish off an everyday natural look, especially when if you're pale like me :(
The middle purple one has a peachy colour to it which I actually LOVE so much! It just gives your lips a natural skin-shade colour,
And the yellow one is colourless and just gives you a healthy shine :)

Today I decided to wear the pinky shaded one.


And that is my everyday makeup routine over!
Overall on average it usually takes me about 10 minutes but can be done in less if I'm in a rush!

I hope you've enjoyed reading and like this sort of post. Please feel free to comment if you have any questions or even to tell me what sorts of products you like to wear for an everyday natural look.

Molly

xox




 <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12942765/?claim=rrpy2k2dkkz">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Where else to find me - 

Instagram - @mmoll_ee

Personal Instagram - @mmollaayy

Twitter - @mloggee







2 comments:

  1. You are so very pretty! Your eyes are gorgeous! I've been wanting to try out the Rimmel Wake Me up products, so I will check out that blog post of yours now (:

    Follow for follow on Bloglovin? :)
    http://happysince95.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thankyou so much! You are very sweet :)
    Wake Me Up are my absolute favourites! I'd definitely try them out!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete