Sunday 17 September 2017

Netflix Picks


I have been LOVING NETFLIX soooooo damn much recently.
No word of a lie normal TV channels are never on in our house, it's literally: TV on, Netflix on.

Normally I spend ages scrolling through pages and pages of programs trying to find a series to get gripped onto and slightly obsessed with but not really finding anything that tickles my fancy, yet more recently the scrolling time has become less and less because everything just looks SO DAMN GOOD.

Twitter helps of course, as I always read peoples recommendations and I'm always up for trying a series even if it means stopping after a couple as its not my thing - not that this happens often!
So to return the favour to all those very helpful little Netflix nerds that have enlightened me to some amazing series, I'm going to plonk all my most favourite series I've finished or am watching currently (I'm definitely a 'one series at a time' person) so hopefully you'll find something to try out and also become obsessed with!
The Vampire Diaries
Does this even need an explanation? You've all already seen it right?!
If you haven't then DO.
I was slightly skeptical at first as I was worried it was going to be a bit Twilighty and the first couple of episodes were with the whole 'girl meets attractive guy who has a secret' thing but once thats all out in the openits actually the complete opposite,  and more of a 'realistic' take on Vampires rather than those that sparkle in the sun (sorry not sorry to any avid Twilight fans).
Plus...Damon, that is all.

Riverdale
ooooooooh Riverdale.
I love a series thats based around an America high school, theres something nice about the vibe and Riverdale hits the spot! 
The whole feel of the program is 'cool' is that uncool to say?? It's just super easy to watch with an easy to follow storyline, and the last two episodes when all the loose ends get tied up are so good!!
I love the characters, it's impossible not to love each one of them, even the horrible ones haha.

Mr Selfridge
I heard about this series from my sister who loves all things vintage and only ever saw snippets of it when I was at her house and it was on. 
I was in a 'scrolling through Netflix desperate for a new series' state one evening and came across Mr Selfridge so gave it a go. And let me tell you it was blaaaaaady amazing.
It gives off all the cosy vibes, and it's just so British in every way possible.
The storyline in a brief is about an American man who opens a department store - Selfridges - in the centre of London. It's based in the 1900s so all the women have amazing hair styles and wear cute dresses, and talk of wearing makeup is like a secret that nobody should talk about until Mr Selfridge decides to sell it over the counter at the front of his shop, and life starts to change. Theres so much more to the storyline and I feel like I've made it sound complete shite, but trust me its so good and you'll be hooked by the end of the first episode. 
Side note - the last episode is so emotional, I sat crying so hard over a friggin SHOP.

Gilmore Girls - (currently watching)
AUTUMN. COSYNESS. CHRISTMAS. WARM basically sums up Gilmore Girls.
I used to watch the old episodes on TV when I was younger but never really understood what was going on, and then when the new episodes were released last year I watched them but didn't really connect with it as I couldn't really remember the old episodes and meh it was all a bit wasted on me.
So once Mr Selfridge was over I decided to go back to GG and give it another go, and I'M SO GLAD I DID. 
I've actually become slightly obsessed with it and it's become all I watch in any spare time I have. 
If you love a program that makes you want to cosy up on the sofa with a hot drink and just feel good about life  - then get into Gilmore Girls.

What have you been watching on Netflix recently? Let me know!

Molly
xox

Where else to find me:





<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/18990533/?claim=xtaz4b7s2an">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>






No comments:

Post a Comment