Monday 1 May 2017

How To: Easy Spring Instagram Theme


 I looooove a good Instagram theme, and although I know a lot of people don't have a lot of time for them or can't be bothered I personally find them so satisfying, and enjoy trying out new edits to create  a grid of similar photos, oooooo yeah.

I try to edit my photos seasonally and then between seasons just try out different filters on VSCOcam to fill in the gaps.
I've just finished off my Spring theme, and if I do say so myself...it's one of my all time favs, so of course wanted to share it with you all, as I've had some lovely comments on my photo/Twitter about it and its honestly one of the easiest themes to do.


I use VSCOcam to create the look I want.
It's great because you can just simply copy and paste the edit you've created onto multiple other photos, plus they save in a grid shape - similar to Instagram - so you can get an idea of what they all look like together before actually uploading them.
I wanted the main colour of the theme to be yellow for Spring so choose the filter A6 to be the base of all my photos as it made them slightly lighter with a little bit of a yellow undertone.
Obviously if you want to be THAT committed to a theme then take photos of things that are the colour you want on your Instagram, for example I popped a few Dandelions in every now and again or a selfie in a yellow top/coat (I didn't dress accordingly promise haha).


Filters don't work miracles, and can't make absolutely everything look perfect in yellow so I mixed a bit of brown into the theme as well to tone down the yellow just by uploading photos of cute picturesque buildings.



Along with the A6 base filter I also lightened up the photos and changed the saturation etc to create the perfect spring look. (see edits used below). The 'warmth' edit section on Instagram is great for making any photo look like it was taken on a much hotter day than it actually was, so make sure you whack that up a bit before clicking upload as well haha.

Whats your favourite Instagram looks?
Remember to leave your IG @ handles below!

Edits used:
Filter: A6 + 12.0
Exposure: + 1.4
Contrast: -1.4
Saturation: - 1.5
Highlights: + 4.0
Shadows: +2.0
+ Instagram edit 'Warmth'

Molly xox



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Where else to find me - 

Twitter - @mollydotw
Instagram - @riddikulus___
&
@mollydotw
Photography Instagram - @captured_by_molly
Photography page - Facebook 'Captured by Molly' 


No comments:

Post a Comment