Tuesday 24 March 2015

The surprise of my life! ||

Gooooood afternoon everybody!
I hope you're all having a lovely day.
The sun is out in full bloom today in the UK and its putting everyone in such a good mood! (Anybody out there reading this that lives a hot country - sun is a limited luxury in England so it always lifts spirits when it shows its face ;) )

Personally at the moment the sun is just an added bonus to my happy mood, as Saturday morning I got possibly the best surprise I could ever imagine!
I GOT ENGAGED.
Whaaaaaaaaat!!!!!

If you've read my '50 Facts About Me' post you will already know thart I've been with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years now (since we were 16) but even after that length of time nothing could have been more of a shock than him proposing to me.
I wasent expecting it at all and the entire thing had been planned and kept a secret from me for about 2 weeks. He even asked my parents permission the night before he did it!

He had asked me at the beginning of the week if we could go to a beach he really likes before I started work on Saturday. So I said yes, thinking it would be nice to get out of the house and have some fresh air before work at 3pm. So that morning he made me breakfast in bed, and we were up and ready to go by 9:30am. Once we got to the beach, we normally walk through the cute little town and get lunch and browse in the beach front shops and spend far to much money int he arcade, but instead he said he'd like to walk through a pretty little park that over looks the sea. The place was over-welmingly beautiful. The sun was shining and making all the flowers look bright and healthy, reflecting off the sea and making the whole place so picturesque. 




I was distracted with my phone taking photos of the view and the blue sky when we reached a bench which had a pefect view of the beach below. We stopped and sat down for a bit and were just talking about how sunny it was and general chitchat, when next thing I know hes on one knee holding out a box which had the most BEAUTIFUL ring I've ever seen. It all happened so fast that I can't really remember all the details of how I said yes etc but I can tell you that it was the biggest and best surprise of my life!



I rang my sister first who just burst into hysterical tears. I then called my parents who told me they had known it was going to happen since the night before but were super happy for us all the same.
After all this we decided we wanted lunch, but I was so over-welmed and excited that I just couldn't eat anyway!




We went home pretty soon after that to see his parents (who had been there when he bought the ring and had known the plans since 2 weeks ago!) and then a couple of hours later, I had work all evening. Which kind of ruined the perfect day as it was a complete snap back into reality. I had already announced the new on Facebook (125 likes may I just add;)) by this point so once I got to work everybody had seen it and were completely over the moon for me.



I know a lot of you have probably realised that yes - 'SHE IS ONLY 19' but we're not getting married any time soon. We've both decided on a long engagment for now as we are both so young but having that commitment is just something we really like and we have been together nearly 3 years so it's not like we're rushing into anything. 

I thought I'd share this news as this weeks blog post just as its all thats on my mind at the moment and I just want everyone in the world to know! hahaa. Its a weird feeling but one thats so exciting and unreal. I just can't believe it!

Anyway I have work in an hour!

Thankyou all so much for reading once again, and also to those lovely people that sent me congratulation tweets on Twitter - you cuties.

Molly
xox

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14375113/?claim=tfbmh23c5kr">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Where else to find me -

Instagram - @mmoll_ee

Twitter - @mloggee


2 comments: